Home Forums Gauntleteers 2016 First Round Results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alexis A. Hunter AlexisA.Hunter 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Steven Lugo
    Steven Lugo
    Keymaster

In many ways, the Gauntlet is all about time.

We feature time constraints, demand sacrifices of time, and make certain annual promises we try our damnedest to live up to. We made this particular challenge about the science fiction—or science?—of time travel. What we received were a variety of entry types, from academic essays, traditional reviews, and less traditional monologues, with some viewpoints we had never considered. We had our work cut out for us, and our opinions were as varied as your submissions.

With only eight Gauntleteers able to advance to the next round, here is the fruit of our judging session. These are your results, in no particular order.

Advancing to face the next challenge are the following individuals:

Samantha
    MrFlibble
    MichaelAnthonyAshley
    PendergastSmith
    gbcmars
    ShawnProctor
    AlexisA.Hunter
    danielausema

Once again, thank you to everybody who came out to compete. If you haven’t made it to the next round, remember that you’re still welcome in the forums all season long.

See you tomorrow night with your next challenge. That’s at 10PM EST. No rest for the wicked, we fear.

Profile photo of Shawn Proctor
    ShawnProctor
    Participant

My heart breaks for the people who didn’t advance. I’m sorry. Please, please, keep writing. Keep trying. And, most of all, shine on.

I hope anyone who didn’t make it to the second round checks out the prompt tomorrow and gives it a go. Worst case: you come out of the competition with a new story.

Profile photo of Mr Flibble
    MrFlibble
    Participant

Heck of a first round, this year. For sure.

Looking forward to challenge #2, which I hope you’ve made bite-sized so I can fit it in around this novel I’m supposed to be working on…

ETA and I am not an individual. I am legion.

Legion, Lister, and a dummy

(p.s. I apologise for the relative obscurity of the theme I have arbitrarily chosen for my posts this year.)

Profile photo of Alexis A. Hunter
    AlexisA.Hunter
    Participant

Woooo, that first round was fun. Honestly, I didn’t expect it to be. It’s been a long time since I stretched my non-fiction writing muscles. But I really enjoyed it! I’m looking forward to whatever round 2 brings. I’d also like to encourage people who didn’t make it to the second round to write off the prompts anyway. It’ll be fun! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.