Home Forums Gauntleteers 2018 Welcome to the Gauntlet

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Chy Burch 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Steven Lugo
    Keymaster

If you’re here you may be taking on the challenge of WYRM’s Gauntlet, or perhaps you’re only curious. Either way, thank you for your interest. Sign-ups will officially open on August 10th. Feel free to say hi, and prepare for what’s to come.

Chy Burch
    Keymaster

I am prepared for what’s to come! I’m ready to read some great reviews and stories, and discuss those entries in the judges’ forums.

C’mon, Gauntleteers!

AlexisA.Hunter
    Participant

Ahaha, it’s my favorite contest of the year! All signed up and ready to go. 😀

Steven Lugo
    Keymaster

Welcome back, Alexis!

danielausema
    Participant

I missed last year’s contest 🙁 Glad to be able to do it again this year!

Steven Lugo
    Keymaster

Happy to have you back, Daniel!

NinaShepardson
    Participant

Hi everyone! I had fun doing this contest last year, so I’m back to try again.

Steven Lugo
    Keymaster

Good luck to you this year, Nina!

StywyrtBykyr
    Participant

Hooray, The Gauntlet!

I am back again, despite having way too many other things to do… 🙂

Steven Lugo
    Keymaster

Hey Stewart! You have made a good decision.

Gale Peterson
    Keymaster

Happy to see some familiar names on the list. Brace up, guys, it never gets any easier.
    >>>iggy

DawnB.
    Participant

Hi All,

I have no idea what I’m doing, but I’m here. Is there a way to see what folks did last year, just to get an idea of how things go? Or am I jumping in without a life jacket? 🙂

Thanks
    Dawn

Steven Lugo
    Keymaster

Welcome, Dawn!

The short answer is no life jacket. I can point to the First Challenge topic, which links the submission form, in this forum, and our Guidelines menu, but the rest is all you. As for what people did last year, we cannot show you that, but if anyone here who ran this in 2017 would like to show you of their own accord, then that’s up to them.

DawnB.
    Participant

Fair enough! Thanks. 🙂

StywyrtBykyr
    Participant

Woohoo, hi Dawn!

You can see the previous years’ challenges (if not what people did for them) courtesy of the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20180817154640/http://wyrmsgauntlet.com/rounds-challenges/ (I think you can see previous years’, too, if you go back to 2016, etc.)

If past patterns hold, we’ll have a round of review, then a round of fiction, then review and then fiction again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.