Home Forums Gauntleteers 2021 Final Challenge

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  DavidF.Shultz 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Steven Lugo
    Keymaster

Final Challenge: Time Enough For Us

You’ve traversed the wasteland to get here, and survived elimination. Now, alas, we present the ultimate obstacle.

Your Final Challenge is to write a story about time travel. However, in your story, no characters are allowed to travel through time.

We want the best story you can write in 2 weeks, a story which fits the prompt. That means, it can’t see one of your characters travel through time. This includes having a character just get back from a trip through time so they can talk about it. In other words, don’t cheese it.

WYRM will judge your entry on all the key things that make a good story, like character development, plot, storytelling, and mechanics. But also consider a couple of other things that WYMR looks for. That’s 1) how well you use the prompt, and 2) that you get your entry in on time.

We can understand the desire to write a novel-length epic entry, but if it can’t be done within the two-week time constraints, maybe don’t do that.

With that being said, we will hold you to no word limit, and have no restrictions on graphic content. We just want good time travel stories (where no characters actually travel through time).

As ever, you can post your questions and comments in the forum here. We hope you’re as excited as we are about what the future may hold for this challenge.

Deadline: Wednesday, November 3rd @10PM EST

Luck will have nothing to do with it,
    WYRM

Steven Lugo
    Keymaster

Here we are, several days into the challenge, and I’m just dying of curiosity. Have the three musketeers begun their stories yet? Do the parameters of the Final Round even make them bat an eyelash? Have they got even the slightest hint of trash talk within themselves?

DimitraNikolaidou
    Participant

I have started work on a time machine. I will go back in time, write this story, put it in a drawer and come back to 2021 to find it ready.
    No trash talking, sorry. But if we ever play backgammon together, I swear (haha, see what I did there?) you will end up flipping the table to get back at me for my inventive foul language.

Steven Lugo
    Keymaster

Next year we’ll have to add a backgammon room to the Gauntlet.

R.S.A. Garcia
    Participant

I will have you all know that this final challenge was evil, and had me sweating for a while there.

Foul language? Why yes, thank you.

Chy Burch
    Keymaster

Excellent! Our evilry is very important to us. 😁

DimitraNikolaidou
    Participant

Submitted. I might use a time machine and eliminate the competition, too. Wyrm’s Gauntlet is no place for nicety!

DavidF.Shultz
    Participant

Submitted! Just in the nick of time!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.